Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cover Drive

Cover Drive formed as a band in 2010
most of their fame has been overseas on the UK charts 
Their most recent album was in 2013, called "Bajan Style"
They call their sound "CArib-pop"
a mix of raggae, pop hooks with dub and soca

These are the 3 songs that sold 
me on this group.



Now I came across this group when I was doing a broadcast on YouNow. Whenever I am on YN I love for people to suggest artists that they feel don't get the recognition they deserve and also artists who they feel I haven't heard of. 
So on Monday I was directed towards Cover Drive and the 1st song I heard was "Twilight" and that was one of their hit songs...then I heard 
"Explode" I was like, 
"Oh yes, I am blogging about them soon!"



The group is made of: 
Amanda, 24 [lead singer]
Barry, 26 [guitar]
Jamar, 21 [bass guitar]
T-Ray, 21 [drums/background vocals/percussion]



At the moment Cover Drive is on a 
 College tour in the U.S.
May 2nd --- Ripon College
May 7th --- North Dakota 
         State College of Science
May 8th --- St. Norbert College
May 9th --- Buena Vista Uni


Twitter: WeAreCoverDrive
Instgram: WeAreCoverDrive
Facebook: Cover Drive
Tumblr: WeAreCoverDrive
Youtube: WeAreCoverDrive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Thoughts...=]